Moodle online again after regaining control over dyndns

After migrating our LTSP to a new mainboard, moodle has been offline for quite a while. First, I ascribed this to a dozens of upgrades that were necessary to cope with more recent chipsets.

Only now, I realised two crucial breakdowns regarding the configuration of ddclient:

  1. myip.it stopped working (I replaced it by myip.dk)
  2. the account at dyndns.org was declined!

Such obstacles cannot be cleared in a lunch break. Moodle has been offline for months, now. I will have to decide if I will stick to that instance – or setup a new one on one of the new servers to come.

Leave a Comment